How to get from Rome to Porto Santo Stefano: by car and by train
- Published: 30-09-2016
- Category: News & Info
You’re spending a holiday in Rome. And you’d like to visit Giglio Island and spend there a couple of days. Now, that’s what you need to know: how to get from Rome to Porto Santo Stefano.
How to get there
- By car. Take the A12 motorway towards north, take the E80 and follow the road signs to Orbetello/Porto Santo Stefano/Porto Empedocle. The journey by car takes about two hours.
- By train. From Roma Termini, take the train to Grosseto and get off at Orbetello/Monte Argentario station. From here, a bus will take you to Porto Santo Stefano. The journey takes about two hours and thirty minutes.
The ferries to Giglio Island depart from Porto Santo Stefano. There are several departures every day throughout the day. And in Porto Santo Stefano there are several solutions to park your car.
What to do on Giglio Island? It depends on the season that you have chosen for this vacation:
- In spring, Giglio Island is recommended especially for hikers and divers.
- In summer, if you want beaches, Giglio Island is a real paradise: some of the most beautiful are cala dell’Arenella and spiaggia delle Cannelle. Too crowded for you? In this case, there several small coves waiting for you.
- In autumn, it’s still time for hiking and diving. And, when the colours of the nature become red and orange, Giglio Island is good idea for a romantic holiday.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/musicwalaRelated articles