Giglio Island: the 5 best beaches near the port of Giglio Porto
- Published: 29-01-2016
- Category: Places to See
You have one day to visit Giglio Island. And, although one day is not enough to discover this Mediterranean island, you want to see the main reason for which this small island is so famous: its wonderful sea. For this reason, you need to know which are the most beautiful beaches near the port of Giglio Porto.
- Caletta del Saraceno. After you have brought your bags to your hotel or B&B, you could already swim in Caletta del Saraceno: it is a small cove located just south of Giglio Porto.
- Spiaggia delle Cannelle. Welcome to one of the most beautiful beaches of Giglio Island. South of Giglio Porto, you can see a white sand beach surrounded by granite rocks. Several services are available on the beach.
- Spiaggia Campese. It takes 15 minutes by car to get to the west coast of Giglio and, especially, to the beach of Campese: it is the largest of the island and is located in a bay which protects it from the winds.
- Cala Smeraldo. The name says it all. It’s at the foot of the homonymous promontory near the port. The name (literally, “emerald cove”) of this small and precious beach comes from the color of the sea.
- Cala del Lazzaretto. Among the best beaches near Giglio Porto there is another cove. The name of Cala del Lazzaretto come from Torre del Lazzaretto (literally, “tower of the lazar house”), a defensive tower that once was used as lazar house.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/lucalazRelated articles