Giglio Island in 10 recipes #8: ready to taste totani ripieni?
- Published: 16-10-2015
- Category: Typicalness and Curiosities
The taste of the sea meets the taste of the land. In other words, the eighth leg of this journey to discover Giglio Island in 10 recipes is a real must: totani ripieni (stuffed squids).
Ingredients for the filling:
- 2 medium squids
- 1 egg
- the crumb of two bread slices
- a bit of milk
- olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- a bit of parsley
- two slices of mortadella (if you like it)
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 300 grams of tomato sauce
- White wine
- 1 clove garlic
Ho to prepare:
- Clean the squid, cutting away the tentacles.
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk.
- Mince the squid tentacles in a bowl.
- Add squeezed breadcrumbs, garlic, minced parsley, egg, salt (and minced mortadella, if you like it). Knead.
- Fill the squid with the mixture. Close the open side of the squid with a toothpick.
- In a pan, put olive oil, garlic, parsley and basil, and brown. Simmer with white wine until reduced.
- Add tomato puree and stuffed squids to the pan.
- Cook for about 30 minutes.
Your stuffed squids are ready. Before serving at the table, cut the squids into slices and then add pour the sauce on the squids.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/francescobrosRelated articles