Giglio Island in 10 recipes #7: the seventh leg is palamita in umido
- Published: 13-10-2015
- Category: Typicalness and Curiosities
The journey to discover the Giglio Island in 10 recipes is now at its seventh stage. This time, it’s the turn of one of the most typical dishes of Giglio’s cuisine: we are talking of palamita in umido (bonito stew), an authentic culinary institution of this island.
Ingredients (for four persons):
- 800 grams of bonito slices (preferably 4 slices, 200 grams for each slice)
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 fresh onion
- olive oil
- chili pepper
- white wine
In a way, in this recipe there are all the most characteristic tastes of Giglio Island: fish, wine, vegetables.
Hot to prepare:
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes.
- Mince onion and parsley.
- Take a large pan.
- Put oil, garlic, minced onion and minced parsley in the pan.
- Sauté for a few minutes, then pour the white wine in the pan.
- Add diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, bay leaf and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the slices of bonito and cook each side of a slice for 10 minutes.
Once palamita in umido is done, you will serve, literally, all the tastes of Giglio Island.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/helenkRelated articles