Giglio Island in 10 recipes #6: how to prepare coniglio alla cacciatora
- Published: 8-10-2015
- Category: Typicalness and Curiosities
It is a great classic of several Italian regional cuisines. And it is also one of the typical dishes of this place off the coast of Tuscany. We are talking about coniglio alla cacciatora, the sixth leg of the journey to discover Giglio Island in 10 recipes.
- a rabbit
- olive oil
- a little bit of rosemary
- chili peppers
- tomato puree
- white wine
- white wine vinegar
The ingredients are very similar to those found in other coniglio alla cacciatora recipes. It is a real must, always present in the menu of any restaurant on Giglio Island.
Hot to prepare:
- Wash the rabbit with water and vinegar.
- Cut the rabbit into pieces and place it in a pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for few minutes (low heat).
- Remove the rabbit from the fire and throw the kind of soup that it’s in the pan.
- In the same pan you have seared the rabbit, add oil, rosemary and garlic.
- Sear well and pour the white wine.
- Add a pair of tablespoons of tomato puree and chili peppers.
- Cook for about an hour (low heat).
After an hour, you will be ready to serve your coniglio alla cacciatora.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/fotodaniloRelated articles