Discover Giglio Island in 10 recipes: here you have pesce in scaveccio
- Published: 8-09-2015
- Category: Typicalness and Curiosities
Giglio Island is a beautiful place to visit. And, if not especially, to taste. And we want to let you discover it in a very particular way. With this small “wine and food journey” to visit Giglio Island in 10 recipes. And the first leg if this itinerary is one of the most typical dishes of the island: we’re talking about pesce in scaveccio.
- Fishes to fry (shrimps, squids, anchovies)
- olive oil
- hot vinegar
- a garlic
- chili pepper (if you like)
It is usually served as appetizer. Pesce in scaveccio is a simple dish, a common characteristic for all the traditional recipes of Giglio Island.
How to prepare:
- Clean, dry and flour the fishes.
- Fry the fishes in olive oil (oil must be hot).
- Remove the fishes from the oil and place them on a plate with paper towels.
- To the oil used for frying, add the hot vinegar, raisins, minced garlic, rosemary and salt. Cook for at least 15 minutes.
- While the oil is cooking, put the previously fried fishes in a baking dish.
- Pour the oil into the baking dish until fishes are completely covered. If you like it, add chili pepper.
Covered with this particular sauce, pesce in scaveccio can be preserved for several days. And the sauce gives the fish a simply unique taste.
Next recipe: cacciucco
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/nikonvscanonRelated articles