Where to go during a holiday on Giglio Island: 5 places to see
- Published: 24-04-2015
- Category: Places to See
Do you want to know where to go during your holiday on Giglio Island? A destination seemingly small but the things to do and to see are several. We propose five places to you:
- Beaches – The most beautiful beaches of Giglio Island are five: Cannelle, Caldane, Arenella, degli Alberi, Campese. Suitable for children, they are easy to reach from the three localities of Giglio Island. These beaches are always very crowded during summer.
- Coves – You have already seen the beaches and you want to discover the most special places, rarely visited? If so, for you there are the several coves of Giglio, along the coast of the island. Precious places, repaired, reachable via sea or via paths overlooking the sea.
- Localities – Giglio Island territory is divided into three localities: Giglio Porto, Giglio Castello and Giglio Campese. Porto and Campese are located on the coast (respectively east and west), Castello is located in the center of the island.
- Excursions – They are several and the time may not be enough. Better to focus on the most beautiful: Giannutri, palmenti, the famous “lovers’ lighthouse”, cala dell’Allume, Punta Capel Rosso, the stack. In addition to these, there are paths and mule tracks.
- Culinary specialities – Palamita alla gigliese, cacciucco, coniglio alla cacciatora, tonnina sott’olio, panficato: these are some of Giglio Island typical dishes. You can taste them in the several restaurants in the three localities of the island.
Five ideas if you want to know where to go on Giglio Island. And other useful information are:
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/nettaphotoRelated articles