Tuscany walking festival 2015: trekking in September on Giglio Island
- Published: 14-08-2015
- Category: Events
Giglio Island is a real paradise for trekking enthusiasts. In particular, if the holiday is from September 19 to October 4. When Tuscany walking festival 2015 will take place (again) on this beautiful island.
These are the next events of Tuscany walking festival 2015 on Giglio Island:
- Profumo di mosto e di vendemmia (on September 19). A medium-easy route, it takes 5 hours. Starting from Giglio Castello, you walk along the northern part of the island, in a landscape characterized by the presence of several vine varieties.
- Dolmen, menhir e sculture rupestri (on September 20). A medium-easy route, it takes 6 hours. The starting point is Giglio Castello. This route will allow you to discover an ancient and mysterious civilization that left traces carved in the stone of the island.
- Le sorgenti storiche dell’isola (on September 26). A medium difficulty route, it takes 7 hours. Cotannetta, Acqua Selvaggia, Fonte Vecchia, Santa Croce and Barbarossa: these are the most important springs of the island, legs of this excursion.
- Il sentiero nel bosco del Dolce (on September 27). A medium-easy route, it takes 6 hours. Starting from Giglio Castello, this path will allow you to discover the flora, the birds and the endemic species of the island.
- Cristalli di luce (on October 3). A medium difficulty route, it takes 6 hours. Starting from Giglio Castello, you arrive at lighthouse of Punta del Fenaio, the northernmost offshoot of the island, looking for quartz and other minerals of Giglio.
- Antiche mulattiere, dal mare alle vette più alte (on October 4). A very challenging route, it takes 6 hours. Starting from Giglio Porto, you arrive at Giglio Castello and then go towards the highest peaks of the island.
For more information about the routes of Tuscany walking festival 2015 on Giglio Island, you can visit the official website of the event, Tuscanywalkingfestival.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/unapassanteRelated articles