San Rocco feast 2017: tradition, fun, sea and music
- Published: 28-07-2017
- Category: Events
It is one of the most anticipated traditional events that take place on Giglio Island. And it is also an appointment that you cannot miss if you have decided to spend summer 2017 on this island. We’re talking about San Rocco feast. That will take place on August 16th in Giglio Campese.
- Team games (from 4pm): tug of war, jumping bags, balls war, pie in the face, pedalo race, challenges in water and on the beach.
- Holy Mass (6:30pm).
- Procession: after the Mass, the patron saint of the island will be carried to Mezzo Franco square, and then the boat procession will begin.
- Vasco Rossi tribute (about 9pm).
- Fireworks show (at midnight).
Waiting for San Rocco feast
Campese beach is one of the most beautiful of Giglio Island: it is sandy, easy to reach and with several services. Waiting for the scheduled events, you could spend a very relaxing morning.
How to get there
From Giglio Porto (the only port for the ferries to Giglio Island), to get to Giglio Campese, you have two options:
- By car (take via provinciale Porto and follow the road signs to Campese, the journey by car takes 17 minutes);
- By bus.
For further information about the 2017 edition of the San Rocco feast at Giglio Campese, you can visit the official website of Associazione San Rocco Isola del Giglio, Isoladelgigliocampese.it.
Image source: Di Poul Krogsgård – eget værk, Pubblico dominio, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2519742Related articles