Giglio Island in 10 recipes: spaghetti with limpet sauce
- Published: 25-09-2015
- Category: Typicalness and Curiosities
In the previous stage, the earth was the protagonist. Now we come back to the flavor of the sea that surrounds the island. In fact, the fourth stage of this little journey in Giglio Island in 10 recipes will be a very particular (and tasty) dish: the spaghetti with limpet sauce. A dish you have to taste during your holiday in Giglio Island.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 400 grams of spaghetti
- 500 grams of limpets
- 200 grams of peeled tomato
- Half onion
- Chili pepper
- White wine
Limpets have a very particular and delicate flavor. For the ones who don’t know, they are shellfishes with a single shell (in some ways similar to clams, but the flavor is completely different). It’s a very summer recipe.
- Put on the burner the water for the pasta
- Clean out the limpets and separate them from the shell
- Sear the limpets with not many water. When they’re cooked, filter the cooking water and put it aside (you’ll use it later).
- Prepare a sautéed with onion and chili pepper. Simmer with white wine.
- Add the limpets (normal or minced, it depends by your taste) and some cooking water. Cook until it become a tasty sauce.
- Drain the pasta and put it with the sauce
Leave spaghetti with the limpet sauce in the pot and let them amalgamate. At the end of the cooking you can add some minced parsley.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/tavallaiRelated articles