Bring your car to Giglio Island in summer: the limitations for 2017
- Published: 2-06-2017
- Category: News & Info
Giglio Island: this is the place that is at the top of the wish list for your next summer vacation. Are you planning to bring the car to this island, taking it on one of the ferries departing from Porto Santo Stefano? In this case, there are some very useful information to plan the trip in the best way.
The limitations to bring the car
If you are thinking of bringing your car to Giglio Island, you have to know that there are two main limitations:
- From August 5th to 25th. In practice, in these days, non-residents of Giglio Island cant’ bring any vehicle to this island.
- From April 13th to November 1st. In these months, non-residents of Giannutri cant’ bring any vehicle to this island.
These limitations have several derogations. In order to plan a holiday in summer, the most important derogations to know are these three (from August 5th to 25th):
- Non-residents can bring vehicle to Giglio only if they will stay on the island for, at least, five days;
- Non-residents can bring caravans to Giglio only if they will stay in the only campground for, at least, fours days;
- Non-residents can bring vehicle to Giglio if the vehicle has a foreign license plate.
As an alternative to the car, you have another option. In Porto Santo Stefano, there are several parking areas where you can leave your car. And once you arrive on the island, to get around you can use the efficient bus system, which will allow you to reach the main towns and the most beautiful beaches.
We have given you the main limitations to bring the car to Giglio Island. For further information, please visit the official website of the comune di Isola del Giglio, Comune.isoladelgiglio.gr.it.
Image source: Flickr.com/photos/gioanolaRelated articles